John R. Worth
In a legal career of more than 25 years, John Worth has built a diverse business bankruptcy and litigation practice.
In his bankruptcy practice, John Worth has represented businesses as debtors, creditors and asset purchasers in bankruptcy reorganizations and liquidations. He has represented business owners as debtors and creditors in bankruptcy liquidations and in fraud discharge proceedings.
In commercial litigation, he has served as counsel in a wide variety of complex disputes that include:
- representation of a minority shareholder in a successful action to obtain the liquidation of his interest in a closely held media company;
- successful prosecution of accounting malpractice claims by a failed clothing manufacturer; and
- representation of a number of victims of a charitable annuity Ponzi scheme that resulted in the victims receiving an enhanced recovery.
John Worth also practices in the area of probate litigation, including adult guardianship and conservatorship proceedings. He holds contracts with Maricopa County to:
- serve as a court-appointed attorney for allegedly incapacitated individuals in probate court cases; and
- act as a guardian ad litem in mental health, criminal, probate, and civil cases.
Mr. Worth is an AV Preeminent®
rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell®.
American Bar Association
State Bar of Arizona: Bankruptcy Section
U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, 1989
J.D., University of Southern California, 1989
B.A., With Distinction, University of Arizona, 1986
Esperança, Inc.: Member, Board of Directors